Pikes The E.W.P Reserve Clare Valley Shiraz 2018
95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY'S WINE COMPANION PIKES FLAGSHIP THE E.W.P RESERVE SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED JANE FAULKNER JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED ANGUS HUGHSON WINE PILOT
- FLAGSHIP RELEASE FROM LEGENDARY PIKES OF CLARE VALLEY
Medium to full bodied, with red cherries and bramble fruits featuring prominently. Hints of white pepper and Chinese 5 spice adding intrigue. A seamless, long finish of bright acidity, and savoury tannins built by whole bunch ferment and judicious use of oak.
95 Point Rated - Jane Faulkner Wine Companion
"While Pikes' flagship shiraz has some years ahead of it, gee it's compelling now. Quite floral and heady with garam marsala, licorice and a touch of charry oak. A core of perfectly ripe fruit leads the way across the more medium-bodied palate; but it's savoury through and through, with shapely tannins and requisite long finish."
Named after Pikes co-founder and patriarch Edgar Walter Pike. This Reserve Shiraz is comprised of 9 parcels from different blocks of the estate, with a small amount of whole bunch fermentation used each vintage to coax the more aromatic and delicate characteristics.
2018 was an extremely good red vintage for Clare, slightly warmer than average, but vineyards by and large achieved a great balance of fruit and acid.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2033|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.82ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;