Icon Tasmanian Pinot Noir 2016 Cleanskin
THE BEST TASSIE PINOT NOIR WE HAVE SOLD AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS IT GETS DON'T PAY $64 A BTL PREVIOUS VINTAGES 95 POINTS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.19 out of 5 stars.
- THE BEST PINOT NOIR WE HAVE EVER SOLD
- AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS IT GETS
- LAST TWO VINTAGE RATED 95 POINTS BY HALLIDAY
- PERFECT 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY WINE COMPANION
- FAMILY OWNED WINERY THAT HAS PRODUCED PINOT NOIRS RATED AS HIGH AS 96 POINTS
- THE LABELLED VERSION OF THIS WINE SELLS FOR $60+ A BOTTLE
This Pinot Noir is a blend of Pinot Noir parcels from vineyards around Tasmania, with distinctive individual terroirs building complexity into the final wine blend. Bright crimson Alluring stalky whole bunch notes are at the fore, before revealing raspberry, lavender, ground coriander and oyster shell. A vibrant palate shows cranberry, pomegranate and blood orange before finishing with graphite like tannins.
The 2016 vintage was remarkable for the relatively calm, warm and dry conditions that started in early October and continued through to mid-May, well after the early harvest was complete. There were periods of rain during this time of course, but these were infrequent and countered by the otherwise warm dry conditions. The mild spring produced a crop which was allowed to ripen fully through the warm summer and autumn.
Fermentation started after 2-3 days and continues for 4-5 days with plunging of the cap 2-3 times per day to extract colour and tannin from the skins. The wine was pressed at completion of fermentation and settled in tank for 24 hours before being pumped into French oak barriques, of which about a quarter was new. Malolactic fermentation took place during barrel maturation with the wine being pumped out in January 2017 for blending, filtration and bottling taking place in June 2017.
Matured for 8 months in French oak barriques
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 8 years|
- y_2020, m_2, d_20, h_18
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_31
- loc_en_AU, sid_109358, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 259.63ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT