Anciano Reserva Tempranillo Aged 5 Years 2013
LIMITED RELEASE SPANISH TEMPRANILLO AGED 5 YEARS IN THE CELLARS OF BOGEDAS NAVALON
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- LIMITED RELEASE HANDPICKED SPANISH TEMPRANILLO
- AGED FOR 5 YEARS IN THE CELLARS OF BOGEDAS NAVALON
- UNBEATABLE VALUE FOR MONEY DIRECT IMPORT
- SOURCED FROM 30 YEAR OLD VINES
A ruby coloured wine shading to brick red towards the rim. Complex aromas of balsamic and liquorice combine with vanilla, spice and rich fruit compote on the nose. Appealing ripe berry and cherry fruit flavours come through at first taste, followed by balanced tannins and a smooth, satisfying finish.
Tempranillo grapes were hand picked from 30 year-old vines in stony vineyards – Valdepeñas means “valley of stones” – in late August/early September. The soils are clayey lime and there is a chalky layer which retains water to refresh the vines. Altitude helps moderate summer heat, as the climate in Valdepeñas is classic continental, with cold winters and long hot, dry summers.
Fermentation was at controlled temperatures (26-28º C) in stainless steel tanks for 8-10 days. The wine was then matured for at least twelve months in oak barriques with varying toasting levels. 2013 has been rated “Good” by the Valdepeñas DO. Generally, the climate and therefore grape harvest, is remarkably consistent in this part of Spain.
Valdepenas DO, Spain
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- y_2021, m_4, d_13, h_20
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.14
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_113649, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.5ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT