Yering Station Village Yarra Valley Chardonnay 2018
COOL CLIMATE YARRA VALLEY CHARDONNAY FROM YERING STATION CALLED "TERRIFIC VALUE"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED NICK BUTLER THE REAL REVIEW
- COOL CLIMATE YARRA VALLEY CHARDONNAY
- ICONIC YERING STATION ESTABLISHED 1988
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MATTHEW JUKES TOP 100 BEST AUSTRALIAN WINES
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
Pale straw in colour with green hues,the aroma of creamy white peach & pear fruit with citrus freshness. The palate is an enticing combination of stone fruits layered with flinty minerality and a creamy vanillin oak center. Finishes crisp and clean.
Nick Butler The Real Review
"Hazelnuts and nougat lead a soft and savoury, mineral-driven nose. Oak is very quiet. There are just-ripe stone fruits on the palate, nectarines and peaches tightened and tamed by grapefruit acidity. It’s built for purpose. A terrific value proposition."
2018 Was Another Very Solid Vintage. A Very Late Spring Delayed Flowering Until Late November / Early December. A Very Even Fruit Set And Ample Water, The Vines Flourished. Big Strong Canopies Meant The Vines Were Able To Ripen The Grapes Later In The Season. Warm And Dry For All Of February And March.
Handpicked and whole bunch pressed, barrel fermented in 500 litre puncheons, lees stirred. Fermentation method: Barrel fermented. Fermentation time: 16 days. Barrel origin: French. Time In Barrel: 11 Months. Age of barrel: 28% new, 72% seasoned, 1-4 years old MLF: None Yeast Type: 30% wild, 70% CY3079 Skin Contact time: None
Yarra Valley, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 3-5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 244.69ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;