Penfolds Koonunga Hill Autumn Riesling 2022
KOONUNGA HILL AUTUMN EDEN VALLEY RIESLING AT AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- AUSTRALIA'S MOST FAMOUS WINE PENFOLDS
- MADE BY ONE OF THE WORLDS GREATEST WINEMAKER PETER GAGO
- 5 RED STAR WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY & WINERY OF YEAR WINNER
- EDEN VALLEY RIESLING FROM PENFOLDS ESTABLISHED 1844
Koonunga Hill Autumn Riesling, like its siblings, aims to deliver the quality, value and consistency for which this range is renowned. It is an expressive, highly aromatic riesling. Floral and citrus notes combine with crisp mouthwatering acidity to make this a versatile wine suitable both as an aperitif and as a partner for richer seafood dishes.
In the early 1970s legendary winemaker Max Schubert began the quest for a range of white wines that would equal the already famous red wines of Penfolds. One of the first wines from these trials was named Autumn Riesling. Some of Penfolds’ finest riesling parcels in the early 1970s were bottled under this label and the Koonunga Hill Autumn Riesling acknowledges the original 1972 vintage by closely adhering to the original packaging with a fitting 'retro' label.
The wine pays further homage to the original through being specially crafted to develop further with bottle age. A fine talc acid structure gives great length of flavour and 'linearity' to this wine and the small addition of traminer makes it a truly unique offering.
Eden Valley, South Australia
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 224.67ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;