Handpicked Highbow Chardonnay 2017
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 96 POINT RATED NED GOODWIN MW HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT RATED MIKE BENNIE THE WINE FRONT
- RED 5 STAR WINERY - 8 YEARS IN A ROW! JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION 2023
Handpicked and whole-bunch pressed to deliver vibrant citrus and stone fruit flavours, this wine has the added complexity of barrel fermentation and maturation.
96 Point Rated - Ned Goodwin Mw Halliday Wine Companion
This is mid-weight and tightly furled, with flinty mineral crunch welded to classy oak, proving the structural enforcement. A workout in the glass reveals some stone fruit and leesy accents, but it is the kinetic energy and palate-staining length suggesting a very bright further for this cuvee.
Vintage 2017…dreams are made of this. Not too hot, not too cold, neither too windy nor too humid, too wet or dry. Just enough, and not too much, of everything so that the true personality of the site can take centre stage. The moderate season allowed the vines to ripen slowly, building great depth of flavour while retaining fine balance in sugar and acid. Harvest began in early March, a little later than the long-term average and a full month behind the record-early vintage of 2016.
The fruit was gently pressed in whole bunches and the juice was fermented in barrel. A partial malolactic fermentation was allowed and the wine was matured in the same French oak barriques, a mix of old and new, for 10 months.
Yarra Valley, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2029|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 236.58ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;