Hahndorf Hill Adelaide Hills Gru Gruner Veltliner 2021
NEW VINTAGE ALLOCATION ONLY PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED TROPHY & DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY & DOUBLE GOLD MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED TONY LOVE HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
Gruner Veltliner is a variety that ages well and this wine should develop splendidly for between 8 - 10 years.
At Hahndorf Hill we are passionate about Austrian varieties and are pioneering Gruner Veltliner, Blaufrankisch, Zweigelt and St Laurent in Australia. It is our familiarity with Blaufrankisch, which has grown at Hahndorf Hill for over 25 years, that led us ultimately to its exciting white counterpart - Gruner Veltliner.
Having been unable to source Gruner plant material in Australia, we managed in 2006 to import three different clones directly from Austria, and again in 2009 a further three clones/clonal selections from Austria, all of which passed successfully through the Australian quarantine system. In 2010 we released our debut vintage - which we affectionately named Gru. This was the first production of Gruner in South Australia (and the second within Australia, the first being Lark Hill from the Canberra wine region in 2009).
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Classic Dry White|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar to 2026|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 223.05ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;