Clare Hills Clare Valley Riesling 2018 By Neil Pike
CLARE VALLEY RIESLING FROM THE KING NEIL PIKE PREV VINT 93 POINTS HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.47 out of 5 stars.
- CLARE VALLEY RIESLING THE KING NEIL PIKE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINTS HALLIDAY & CALLED "PRISTINE"
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY BY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCER OF TROPHY WINNING RIESLING RATED 97 POINTS HALLIDAY
- NOMINATED FOR GOURMET WINE TRAVELLER, WINEMAKER OF THE YEAR
Pale green/straw in appearance with typical Clare Valley Riesling characters on show, including citrus, talc and gentle floral notes. The palate is fresh, dry and mouth filling - the well balanced acidity ensuring a crisp, dry finish. While this Clare Valley Riesling is delicious served well chilled as a refreshing summer drink, it is also great food wine when served.
2017 Vintage Review James Halliday Wine Companion
"Pristine example of the variety and the region. Lemon-lime flavours with sweet, blossomy notes and excellent line from start to finish"
The grapes for this wine were both machine and hand harvested, then transported to the winery, crushed, chilled and pressed as soon as possible prior to the juice being clarified by cold settling. It was then inoculated with a neutral, pure yeast culture and fermentation carried out in stainless steel temperature controlled tanks for on average 25 days. The wine was stabilised, blended and then filtered prior to bottling in June 2018.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drinking well now|
- y_2019, m_1, d_18, h_24
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.9
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_13
- loc_en_AU, sid_110551, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 9.46ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT