Berton Vineyards Foundstone Unoaked Chardonnay 2020
INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL WINNING BUY A CASE GET ONE FREE FOUNDSTONE RELEASE EQUATES TO JUST $5.99 A BOTTLE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- INTERNATIONAL GOLD MEDAL CHINA WINE SPIRIT AWARDS 2020
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER BEST IN CLASS & DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $5.99 A BOTTLE
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2020
In the vineyard a warm dry summer provided a clean and disease free vintage with great ripening conditions across all regions. Despite some hot days, extended heat waves didn’t play a role through the growing season with little berry shrivel occurrence in white varieties. Unfortunately some of our South Australian vineyards suffered from spring frost damage with significant yield loss. Come harvest however quality of fruit didn’t seem to be affected.
This Chardonnay is made from vineyards in the Riverina, NSW and Padthaway, South Australia. Both were harvested in February, with the local fruit harvested at the start of February and the Padthaway harvested at the end. These parcels were fermented separately in stainless steel for approximately two weeks at low temperatures to retain the fresh, tropical fruit flavours and esters from fermentation. The wine was left on yeast lees for an extended period to give the palate a creamier mouthfeel. The parcels were then blended and bottled shortly after filtration.
South Eastern Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.45ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;