Berton Vineyards Foundstone Unoaked Chardonnay 2019
INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL & AWARD WINNING UNOAKED CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.43 out of 5 stars.
- INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA 2019
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER BEST IN CLASS
- HIGHLY RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE EQUATES TO $5.99 A BOTTLE
Fresh aromas of white rose with notes of vanilla and nutmeg carry through to a crisp and fruit driven palate. Flavours of peach, mango and mandarin with nuances of vanilla and cream feature with a lovely acid line creating a long tasty finish.
Double Gold Medal
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2019
In the vineyard a warm dry summer provided a clean and disease free vintage with great ripening conditions across all regions. Despite some hot days, extended heat waves didn’t play a role through the growing season with little berry shrivel occurrence in white varieties. Unfortunately some of our South Australian vineyards suffered from spring frost damage with significant yield loss. Come harvest however quality of fruit didn’t seem to be affected.
This Chardonnay is made from vineyards in the Riverina, NSW and Padthaway, South Australia. Both were harvested in February, with the local fruit harvested at the start of February and the Padthaway harvested at the end. These parcels were fermented separately in stainless steel for approximately two weeks at low temperatures to retain the fresh, tropical fruit flavours and esters from fermentation. The wine was left on yeast lees for an extended period to give the palate a creamier mouthfeel. The parcels were then blended and bottled shortly after filtration.
South Eastern Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for short term|
- y_2020, m_8, d_8, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_112042, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 260.07ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT