Yering Station Yarra Valley Shiraz Viogner 2019
95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION & 91 POINT RATED THE REAL REVIEW YERING STATION SHIRAZ VIOGNIER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED JANE FAULKNER HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 91 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE AWARD WINNER DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ICONIC YERING STATION ESTABLISHED 1988
Velvety and lush, the black and blue fruits overlay a rich and generous palate. There’s lots of complex spice imparted from both the fruit and the French oak used. The finish is long and moreish.
95 Point Rated - Jane Faulkner Halliday Wine Companion
This is firmly in the riper spectrum, yet composed. It's silky and textured, full of dark plums, wood char, licorice and dried herbs. The full-bodied palate is fleshy and satisfying, with expansive tannins. Drinking well right now.
91 Point Rated- Huon Hooke The Real Review
Deep, bold red/purple colour. Intense and fresh, brilliant spicy aromas, the palate intense and bright again, medium-weight, fresh and lively, with very good depth of shiraz flavour, the tannins mild but adding the requisite firmness to the back-palate and finish.
A solid growing season in the Yarra Valley. Conditions encouraged very even fruit sets, resulting in big and strong canopies. Resulting wines are full of flavour, complexity and impeccable balance.
Hand picked de-stemmed. 2% of Viognier was co-fermented with Shiraz in open fermenters. Hand plunged twice daily, then pressed to barrel. Matured in French oak for 18 months.
98% Shiraz, 2% Viognier
Yarra Valley, Victoria
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2027|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.8ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;