Woodstock Naughty Monte McLaren Vale Montepulciano 2021
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION WOODSTOCK MCLAREN VALE MONTEPULCIANO
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON
- LIMITED EDITION MCLAREN VALE MONTEPULCIANO
- PRODUCED BY WINEMAKER BEN GLAETZER
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE HIGHLY RATED RALPH KYTE-POWELL
Bright, dense and deep crimson in colour. Dark morello cherries with herbaceous hints of rosemary on the nose. Full-bodied and robust with well-integrated tannins balanced by mid-palate supple fruit characters and acidity. A savoury wine with a smooth yet spicy finish.Assertive, full-flavoured dishes like: venison, spaghetti puttanesca, lentil soup, and roast duck with green peppercorn sauce.
There is a little rascal hiding in all of us; a sometimes naughty side. A mischievous bon vivant who loves the good times and late wild nights. This character symbolizes the nature of this Italian grape variety. Delicate red fruit aromas on the nose with a crazy savoury structure on the palate. We planted this intriguing variety at our estate in McLaren Vale and Mundulla in 2010.
We used traditional winemaking, focused on just capturing these interesting varietal characters. Aggressive tannins slowly softened with time in older 300 litres oak barrels. Further maturation will help the structure integrate and the flavours evolve.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 240.63ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;