Viking Odins Honour Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
96 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING ICONIC BAROSSA SHIRAZ FROM EX GRANGE GROWER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.67 out of 5 stars.
- 96 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- GOLD MEDAL WINNING OLD VINE SINGLE VINEYARD SHIRAZ
- SOURCED FROM EX PENFOLDS GRANGE GROWER
- ONLY 300 DOZEN PRODUCED EXTREMELY LIMITED PRODUCTION
- ODINS HONOUR HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR PRIME MINISTERS COLLECTION
Dark crimson red with dark black core. Rich earthy characters with an abundance of black fruit followed by hints of chocolate, licorice, leather, black pepper and oak. This is a big traditional style of Shiraz, which we recommend is decanted and allowed to breathe prior to consuming. Black fruits are at the forefront here and an earthy character reflecting its age is also evident although freshness from the fruit and natural acid highlights its ability to age further with ease. The oak and tannin melt into the fruit and some more subtle hints of leather and just a touch of black pepper create further complexity.
96 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
This wine is sourced from an old dry grown vineyard with vines dating back to the early 1900’s from what we consider one of the Barossa Valley’s finest blocks. The growing season was near on perfect. An ideal vintage, which gave us the benefit of perfectly, ripened fruit. The smooth flow of vintage allowed us to select specific fruit parcels and allowed us to define the wine as much in the vineyard as the winery. These grapes are brought into the winery, and crushed into old vats where the fermentation is initiated by “wild” yeasts found on the grape skins. Careful extraction and short post fermentation maceration is followed by soft pressing. The wine is transferred into brand new oak barrels where the malolactic fermentation is completed before racking and maturation for a further 24 months in barrels. A careful assemblage and barrel selection is followed by minimal filtration and bottling then further aging prior to release.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink for 10+ Years|
- y_2019, m_11, d_17, h_14
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.2
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_2, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_111602, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 263.43ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT