Viking Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz 2021 Dozen
96 POINT RATED & 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- 96 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- 95 POINT RATED WINESTATE MAGAZINE
- SINGLE VINEYARD WESTERN BAROSSA SHIRAZ FROM CULT PRODUCER
- JAMES HALLIDAY & ROBERT PARKER HAVE RATED VIKING WINES UP TO 94 POINTS
- VIKING GRAND SHIRAZ IS RATED IN TOP 5% OF WINES IN WORLD BY VIVINO
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Drink now or cellar for 3-5 years
Dark deep red with crimson edge. Exceptionally concentrated and youthful currently, distinct nose of roasted herb, truffle and jammy black fruits, raspberries, blueberries and cassis. The body is round and voluminous with mouth fulls of pure black fruit interwoven with some earth and roasted herb character adding a perfect side note whilst the finish is powerful and quite long and youthful it should only improve over the next 2 years and drink well for many years to come.
The fruit is sourced from a single vineyard in the Western Barossa Valley from the iron stone rich soils. The grapes are picked and delivered to the winery and gently worked through the de-stemmer before being transferred to an open fermenter. The juice is pumped over daily to extract as much concentrated fruit as possible for a week period before draining and being basket pressed. The skins are then gently pressed for approximately 24 hours. After the wine has completed its malolactic ferment, it is matured in new and seasoned American oak barrels prior to bottling with minimal fining and filtration.
96 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
95 point Rated - Winestate Magazine
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 417.28ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;