The Perfect Storm McLaren Vale Shiraz 2021
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.19 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- OUR BEST SELLING MCLAREN VALE SHIRAZ
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED & MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- SINGLE VINEYARD MCLAREN VALE SHIRAZ
Opaque purple/black. Concentrated black fruit flavours highlighted by blackberry, plum, dark chocolate and espresso. This wine is much like a perfect storm; Inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, capable yet complex and mysterious. The palate is in a word smooth and focused with a big whack of blackberry and plum initially which is woven through the backbone of the wine whilst more subtle notes of dark chocolate, pepper and oak whilst firm tannins provide another layer of complexity right through to the finish.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Lovely cedar nose with a peppery lift. Lots of juicy savoury fruit on the palate, with lovely oak notes in the background."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
The Perfect Storm Vineyard as we have dubbed it sits high in the McLaren Vale ranges with a perfect vantage point to view the many storms that sweep in from Gulf St Vincent across the McLaren Vale region. We have hand crafted a Shiraz by hand picking fruit, crushing and fermenting in small batches and allowing extended time on skins to ensure luscious fruit flavours prevail. Following on from fermentation the wine was pressed and aged in American barrique barrels for 12 months prior to bottling with minimal filtration. Allow it to breathe if drinking early, this wine is built to last and I expect to be drinking it over the next decade.
McLaren Vale, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or over the next decade.|
- y_2023, m_6, d_3, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.35
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_31
- loc_en_AU, sid_115884, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 211.01ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.