Stonier Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir 2021
ALLOCATION ONLY STONIER MORNINGTON PENINSULA PINOT NOIR PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINT HALLIDAY RATED
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 93 POINTS JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINTS STUART KNOX THE REAL REVIEW
- LIMITED ALLOCATION ONLY PRODUCT WILL SELL OUT FAST
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
Integrated flavour and tannin, with a fruit spectrum that is more dark cherry and brooding raspberry, rather than bright red fruits. There is an appealing savoury tannin framework which will no doubt become more expansive together with the palate over the coming 12 months and beyond.
The 2021 Stonier Pinot Noir is sourced from a select group of hand tendered vineyards located amongst the rolling hills of the Mornington Peninsula. The Peninsula's unique geography and cool maritime conditions contribute to a highly distinctive expression of Pinot Noir.
The hand-picked fruit was mostly de-stemmed into small open two and three tonne fermenters, with daily hand plunging and gentle pump overs during fermentation. Approximately 5% of the fruit was fermented in separate two tonne fermenters as whole bunches. After 12-22 days on skins, the wine was pressed to a mix of fine grain French oak puncheons and barriques (15% new) for malo-lactic fermentation and maturation. A portion of the final blend was also retained in stainless steel tanks, to promote the vibrant fruit profile we cherish with Stonier Pinot Noir.
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 236.51ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;