St Hallett Black Clay Barossa Valley Shiraz 2020
ST HALLETT BLACK CLAY SHIRAZ FROM 5 RED STAR WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY ESTABLISHED IN 1944
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE ST HALLETT BLACK CLAY BAROSSA SHIRAZ
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ST HALLETT WINES WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1944
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE WAS RATED 90 POINTS HALLIDAY
The black cracking Biscay clay of the Barossa Valley gives Black Clay shiraz it’s unique berry compote and summer pudding flavours, complemented by luscious velvety tannins.
Good winter rains in July and August preceded a warm and dry spring with no frosts or storms. Budburst and shoot growth were strong with average bunch numbers showing across most varieties, followed by ideal weather through flowering which set-up good crop potential. Ripening was very steadily paced throughout which made for an accommodating vintage and the ability to pick everything exactly when we wanted it. Barossa Valley Shiraz yields were slightly below average, and all the wines show superb colour and richness with abundant aromas and flavours.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2021, m_12, d_5, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.20
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114645, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 208.92ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT