Sidewood Estate Stablemate Adelaide Hills Shiraz 2016
SIDEWOOD ESTATE SHIRAZ PREVIOUS VINTAGE 14 GOLD & RATED 96 POINTS HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- SIDEWOOD ESTATE SHIRAZ 2016 RATED 96 POINTS HALLIDAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE WON UNPRECEDENTED 14 GOLD MEDALS
- HUON HOOKE REAL REVIEW TOP WINERIES OF AUSTRALIA
- 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY & TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER
- AUSTRALIA'S BEST PRICED SIDEWOOD ESTATE SHIRAZ
Flavours of plum, blackberry & cinnamon spice. Finishing with firm chocolate tannins. Had twelve months maturation in French oak.
Highly Rated, Patrick Eckel, Wine Reviewer
"A touch reductive and green on the nose with crushed herbs and barnyard notes. There is a briney note to blackberry and plum fruits with a sweetness of spice and leather. Touches of iodine and earth weave in and out of the black berry fruits that are on show. Tannins are supple and mouth filling with acidity well handled."
The parcels of fruit were carefully selected at optimal ripeness and flavour development by winemaker Darryl Catlin before being harvested. Whole berries were partially used in the ferment essentially creating a partial carbonic maceration environment that enhances additional layers and complexity to the wine. The wine was pressed to barrel where it underwent malolactic fermentation before it was racked off its lees, put back to the barrel and left to mature for 16 months in French oak barriques. Estate bottled.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 226.66ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;