Saltram Mamre Brook Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
ICONIC SALTRAM ESTATE ESTABLISHED 1859 MAMRE BROOK CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- ICON SALTRAM ESTATE ESTABLISHED 1859
- FIVE RED STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD MEDAL AT INTERNATIONAL WINE & SPIRIT COMPETITION
- PRODUCED BY SHAVAUGHN WELLS WINNER AUSTRALIAN WINEMAKER YEAR 2016
This Cabernet has got a lovely, layered palate with mulberry and blackberry flavours, and good support from the oak.
Highly Rated, James Halliday Wine Companion
Tightly wound with the tannins and acid almost puckering making this unforgiving in youth. Tart blackberries and cranberries, a splash of menthol, dried herbs and very woody oak flavours all make their presence felt.
The Cabernet Sauvignon for this wine was sourced from low yielding mature vineyards in the Barossa. Individual parcels of fruit were crushed and destemmed and then fermented on skins for up to 10 days. During fermentation the wines developed intense colour and fine, silky tannins. The wines were then matured in oak for 22 months before final blending and bottling.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for mid term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 236.64ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;