Rock Ferry Cawtes Cave Central Otago Pinot Noir 2016
WORLD CLASS 5 STAR & 94PT RATED ROCK FERRY OUR BEST CENTRAL OTAGO PINOT EVER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED WINE ORBIT
- 5 STAR RATED CENTRAL OTAGO PINOT NOIR
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC PINOT NOIR
- PRODUCED BY WORLD RENOWN ROCK FERRY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGES RATED UP TO 95 POINTS HUON HOOKE
This wine has dark berry and plum characters with a hint of anise and spice. The palate is fruit focused yet nicely balanced with fine grained tannins.
5 Stars & 94 Point Rated Wine Orbit Review
A wonderfully styled pinot; the fragrant bouquet shows dark plum, spiced cherry, subtle oak, olive and mixed spice characters. The palate is equally attractive with lovely rounded mouthfeel and flowing texture, superbly complemented by succulent fruit flavours and elegant savoury nuances.
Cawte’s Cave is the cave in the rock at Rock Ferry, a landmark property and historical crossing point on the Wairau River in Marlborough New Zealand. The cave is named after an early gold miner who, story has it, would sleep off the effects of his recent imbibing before attempting the river crossing.
The grapes for this Cawte’s Cave wine are farmed organically and represent the pure natural taste of the place from where they are grown.
Around 80-90% of fruit is de-stemmed (with 10-20% retained as whole bunches) into open top French cuves where it cold soaks for a week before it spontaneously ferments lasting about three weeks. It is then pressed off into a mixture of seasoned and new (20%) French oak, where it matures for 14 months before bottling. Fined with organic eggs.
Central Otago, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Noir|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 3-5 yrs|
- y_2020, m_2, d_19, h_13
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_111609, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 263.93ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT