Prometheus Wines Barbera 2021
HIGHLY RATED AWARD WINNER AT AUSTRALIAN ALTERNATIVE VARIETIES WINE COMPETITION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- AWARD WINNING SOUTH AUSTRALIAN BARBERA
- HIGHLY RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- TROPHY WINNER RIVERLAND WINERY OF YEAR MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- HIGHLY RATED KEN GARGETT WINE PILOT
Light crimson red. Lifted and open red berries, crushed leaf, spice and subtle confectionary lift. Bright cherry and cranberry, in a light to medium-bodied style with juicy acidity and crunchy tannins making a very good aperitif-style red.
Ken Gargett Wine Pilot
"This prolific Italian variety is making a mark here. Popular in Piedmont, this one is from the Riverland and exhibits the typical contrast the variety offers – lots of colour, vibrant acidity, good flavour and weight yet gentle, soft tannins. The flavours here are to the warm earth end of the spectrum. Dry herbs and cherries with hints of roast meats. It is a pleasing style and there is probably no reason not to enjoy it over the next 6 to 12 months but if a bottle or two got lost in the cellar for an extra year, it would not be the end of the world."
Huon Hooke The Real Review
"Light purple/red colour. Fresh balsamic herb aromas, the palate light-bodied and soft-textured, with a glimpse of the savouriness and tannin drive that typifies this grape, although the acid and tannins are surprisingly mild. It's a far cry from a Piedmontese barbera but an attractive drink."
Australian Alternative Varieties Wine Show
Riverland, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Now to 2024|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 276.23ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;