Normans Old Vine Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING OLD VINE SHIRAZ FROM NORMANS ESTABLISHED 1853
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.24 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL WIINING OLD VINE SHIRAZ
- 94 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA
- PRODUCED BY NORMANS WINES ESTABLISHED IN 1853
Vivid purple with deep red notes. Strong blackberry fruit are evident initially with milder notes of mulberry and cherry fruit overlapping with under lying French oak which adds complexity to the bouquet. The vineyard source used for this Shiraz blend came together perfectly. Full and vibrant fruit flavours of dark red and black berry while subtle mulberry and cherry hints fill the mid palate. Strong tannins go well with the elegant under lying taste of French oak to make this a great example of a powerful full-bodied Shiraz.
94 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
The wine was fermented in small stainless steel fermentors to retain concentrated fruit flavours. To complete the fermentation process and maturation the wine went into mostly old oak barrels with a small percentage of new oak for a period of 12 months. This enabled the use of the 100% French barrels to slowly infiltrate the highly concentrated fruit flavour creating a well balanced yet complex tannin structure. At this early stage this vintage appears to be one of the stand out Old Vine Shiraz blends in the past 5 years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for up to 8yrs|
- y_2020, m_9, d_25, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_7, tr_22
- loc_en_AU, sid_111499, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 283.06ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT