Glen Eldon Barossa Valley Shiraz 2016
GLEN ELDON FAILED EXPORT STOCK SHIRAZ FROM FORMER ST HALLET WINEMAKER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.23 out of 5 stars.
- PREMIUM FAILED EXPORT LINE FROM GLEN ELDON WINES
- OTHER GLEN ELDON SHIRAZ LABELS HAVE RECEIVED 96 POINTS FROM WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- PRODUCED BY FORMER ST HALLET WINEMAKER RICHARD SHEEDY
- BOUTIQUE BAROSSA WINERY
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY WINNER COMPANION
Red brick with hints of purple hue. Mixed spice, stewed plum and hints of vanilla. Rich concentrated dark cherries, white pepper, chocolate, deft use of oak provides amazing tannins balance and structure.
The Barossa has been producing rich full- bodied Shiraz wines for over a century. Our Barossa Shiraz release continues this tradition. With vineyards located in the South Eastern corner of the Eden Valley and the Krondorf sub regions of Barossa they continue to impress us by producing small yet concentrated bunches of premium fruit.
Sandy loam and schist ground provide challenging conditions – low nutrients and water holding capacity for the vines to survive – rather than thrive! However, over the last three centuries these sub regions have continued to produce small concentrated bunches of premium fruit.
Baumé reached 14.5 before the fruit was hand picked and delivered to the winery ready for crushing and fermenting.
The fruit was crushed into small 2 Tonne fermenters and fermented for 10-12 days with hand plunging in the morning and again in the evening, pushing the skins down into the fermenting juice, further imparting the precious colour and flavours in to the developing wine. After fermentation the skins were gently basket pressed for further flavour and colour extraction. The wine was then racked to a mixture of new and three-year-old French and American oak hogsheads. Every six months the wines were racked to tank and returned to oak, slowly removing deposits and assisting with clarity.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Consume now through to 2030|
- y_2020, m_2, d_18, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_10
- loc_en_AU, sid_111143, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 263.42ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT