Beronia La Rioja Tempranillo 2016
92 POINT RATED CERTIFIED ORGANIC SPANISH TEMPRANILLO FROM TROPHY WINNING WINERY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- BERONIA IS ONE OF SPAIN'S MOST RENOWNED WINERIES
- ESTATE GROWN 30 YEAR OLD VINES
- BERONIA WINES HAVE BEEN RATED 92 POINTS PARKER
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC SPANISH TEMPRANILLO
- PRODUCERS OF GOLD MEDAL WINNING TEMPRANILLO
This 100% Tempranillo shows a deep cherry colour. On the nose aromas of cherry with hint of spice including white pepper and notes of tobacco. Also, intense almond essence adding a pleasant touch of freshness. On the palate the wine is fresh and very fruit forward, particularly stone fruit, with cherry evident again as well as sweet notes – of cinnamon stick in particular.
The Tempranillo grapes for this wine were collected in October. Following harvest the grapes underwent cold maceration for a few days so as to extract aromas and colour however not tannins. Alcoholic fermentation took place a low temperatures below 26ºC and with periodic pumping over. The wine was then transferred to mixed oak barrels with American staves and French tops where it was aged for 9 months. The wine was bottled in January 2018 and remained in bottle for a minimum of 6 months before release to the market.
La Rioja, Spain
|Cellaring:||Drink now or until 2023|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 247.32ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;