Cimicky Trumps Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY INTERNATIONAL DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- SPECIAL VALUE BUY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER CHINA WINE AND SPIRIT AWARDS
- AWARD WINNER ASIA INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- LEGENDARY CIMICKY TRUMPS BAROSSA SHIRAZ
Deep purple. Rich and intense with beautiful ripe berry characteristics with cherry, intense plum and a enticing jammy aroma. Followed by spice and licorice characteristics to enhance the complexity of the wine. On the palate, fine powdery tannins contribute to a velvety structure. A multi-layered fruit dominant driven flavor with elegant spice and licorice characteristics. The palate then lengthens to a savory vanillan oak finish.
94 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Part contract-grown, part from the estate, matured in used oak for 18 months. An attractive medium-bodied wine that shows the '17 vintage to full advantage."
Double Gold Medal
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2020
Asia International Wine Competition 2019
Barossa’s 2017 vintage wrapped-up in a month later than recent years, with the wines showing a lot of promise and an overall yield 20-30% above the last five years. Favorable weather during flowering resulted in a good fruit set. A mild summer with regular rainfall followed, which allowed the grapes to reach full optimum maturity. The heavy rainfall events largely missed the valley and the fruit was harvested successfully. As always, careful hand picking in the vineyard and sorting of the grapes as they were crushed made sure that quality was not compromised.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next decade|
- y_2021, m_6, d_23, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.17
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_114621, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 215.17ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT