Watershed Senses Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc 2015
94 POINT RATED RAY JORDAN & GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOW OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINTS RAY JORDAN WEST AUSTRALIAN WINE GUIDE
- 91 POINT RATED BY JAMES HALLIDAY
- OUTPOINTED TWO HANDS ADRESTIA SSB VALUED AT $70 A BOTTLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER AT WINE SHOW OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- 5 TIME AWARD WINNER ON NATIONAL WINE SHOW CIRCUIT
- 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
The nose displays lifted citrus, passion fruit and grassy aromas, complemented by flinty and nutty characters. On the palate this wine exhibits a complex creamy texture with a lingering crisp finish.
Ray Jordan 2017 West Australian Wine Guide
“When you start fiddling with oak and sav blanc you can easily wreck the fruit with heavy handedness. Winemaker Severine Logan uses a dab hand to avoid any sense of that in making this wonderful expression of augmented sav blanc sing around 50% barrel fermentation to bring just the right amount of texture and nutty richness to the naturally grassy tropical characters of the savvy. Alway an excellent wine. Cellar: 5 years”
91 Points James Halliday Wine Companion
Excellent intensity. Lemongrass and ripe stone fruit flavours meet gravel and sweat. Super fresh and lively. Textural finish.
With receiving the 91 points from James Halliday, Watershed Senses Sauvignon Blanc outpointed the following
Two Hands Adrestia Adelaide Hills Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2015 (89 Pts JH & $70)
Lenton Brae Wines Wilyabrup Margaret River Semillon Sauvignon Blanc 2015 (95 Pts JH & $60)
Geoff Weaver Ferus Lenswood Sauvignon Blanc 2015 (96 Pts JH & $45)
Wine Show of Western Australia 2017
Royal Queensland Wine Show 2016
Hobart International Wine Show 2016
Margaret River Wine Show 2015
Perth Royal Wine Show 2015
This Sauvignon Blanc, produced for Watershed’s Senses range, has 50% barrel fermentation in French oak, with the balance fermented in tank.
Fruit and regional identity. Sense of place: Margaret River. The wines are a good example of typical Margaret River characters. More concentration and complexity through extended maturation and barrel fermentation.
Margaret River, Western Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- y_2019, m_7, d_16, h_6
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_111549, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 240.46ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT