The Colonial Estate Emissaire Eden Valley Riesling 2017
EDEN VALLEY RIESLING FROM TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE EDEN VALLEY RIESLING
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE GOLD MEDAL WINNER CWSA BEST VALUE 2016
- LAST RELEASE WAS A GOLD MEDAL & DOUBLE AWARD WINNER
- SOURCED FROM COOL CLIMATE 10/10 HALLIDAY RATED VINTAGE
- TROPHY WINNING PRODUCER
Pale green straw. Delicate white floral aromas lemon and lime, sherbet, Nashi pear. Lime and lemon juice notes, some nice talcy, minerally characters are evident. This is supported by a very elegant and taut mineral acidity providing a long backbone, which enhances the potential of the wine to age gracefully over time.
Grapes were harvested at optimum flavour and acid balance the ripening of the grapes was monitored with regular berry tasting by winemaker and grower. The fruit was harvested in the cool of the night and rapidly transported to the winery. After crushing and must chilling, the free run juice was drained and clarified with minimum skin contact. This juice was then cool fermented between 12 – 15C with selected yeast to enhance the delicate Riesling flavours. The wine was bottled young to retain as much fruit flavour as possible. A fantastic example of Riesling that will age well for at least 5 years and over time age will enable the develop some ily character.
Eden Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now and cellar for 5+ years|
- y_2020, m_6, d_3, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_3
- loc_en_AU, sid_112612, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 209.66ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT