Tahbilk Victorian Chardonnay 2017
CHARDONNAY FROM WINERY EST 1860 & WON A TOTAL OF 1 TROPHY, 7 GOLD MEDALS, 24 SILVER & 143 AWARDS FOR THEIR CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINTS HALLIDAY
- TAHBILK HAS WON A TOTAL OF 1 TROPHY, 7 GOLD MEDALS, 24 SILVER & 143 AWARDS FOR THEIR CHARDONNAY
- WINNER OF WINERY OF THE YEAR WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY ESTABLISHED IN 1860
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST ICONIC & HISTORIC WINERIES
Driven by more fruit forward and less oak dominant styles. Vivacious melon, citrus and stone fruits harmoniously meld with a delicious cashew nut and spicy oak complexity finishing with a decent splash of refreshing grape acidity.
One of the original varietals bought to Australia by James Busby – the father of Australian viticulture – in 1832, Chardonnay really only came into its own in the 1970s, and then the juggernaut become so widely consumed that movements like ‘ABC’ (Anything But Chardonnay), gained traction. Chardonnay never went away though – it still accounts for more than half Australia’s white wine production – it’s just that no one owned to drinking it!
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2020, m_6, d_2, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_111812, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 264.28ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT