Tahbilk Estate Victorian Riesling 2019
NEW RELEASE ESTATE RIESLING FROM ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST ICONIC & HISTORIC WINERIES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED CAMPBELL MATTINSON THE WINE FRONT
- WINNER OF WINERY OF THE YEAR WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY & WINNER OF JAMES HALLIDAY'S WINERY OF YEAR
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST ICONIC & HISTORIC WINERIES ESTABLISHED IN 1850
The 2019 offering brings with it abundant citrus blossom, papaya and lime/citrus fruits finishing with a lemon sorbet palate-cleansing acidity. Keep the light shining, but this time on your grill-plate as you sear your whiting fillets while giving your accompanying 2019 Riesling a light chill.
Campbell Mattinson - The Wine Front
"Have a bit of a soft spot for riesling from the Nagambie Lakes region, which personally I think should be more associated with Seymour than it is, but this affection is mostly because of Tahbilk’s major neighbour. That said, this is a delicious wine to drink. It’s not profound or especially intense but the flavour profile is attractive and it slips down with ease. Once upon a time we used to say “buy the 89 points wines” because they’re usually not too taxing, don’t try too hard and often don’t cost so much. This riesling would have been a good example to put forward. It’s limey, floral and alive with apple-like flavour. There you go."
Second only to Marsanne in terms of the age of our Estate White plantings - 1975 might no be 1927, but they are some significantly old vines! – our Riesling is destined to always sit in Marsanne’s shadow. Allow it to step out into the light and you quickly recognise that intensity of flavour and lively refreshment are the two pillars of our Riesling releases. .
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 259.64ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;