Stonier Mornington Peninsula Chardonnay 2019
NEW VINTAGE ALLOCATION RELEASE STONIER MORNINGTON PENINSULA CHARDONNAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- HIGHLY RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW "THIS OVER-DELIVERS FOR THE PRICE"
- LIMITED RELEASE SMALL ALLOCATION AVAILABLE WILL SELL OUT
- PREVIOUS 94 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- SOURCED FROM VINEYARDS IN MORNINGTON PENINSULA REGION
The wine is straw coloured with a bright array of stone fruits aromas including peach and white plum – with some creamy lemon lift. A generous mouth filling palate laden with intensely flavoured fruit, interestingly tending more towards the peach spectrum of flavours than the normal citrus. There is a nice creamy texture with some oak spice adding to an overall classic Chardonnay release.
Stonier Chardonnay was fermented in a mix of French oak barriques and puncheons (10% new), for a total maturation period of 10 months, with a small percentage also matured in tank. Several batches from our coolest vineyards were allowed to undergo the acid-softening malo-lactic fermentation (approximately 50%), with the remaining portion withheld to preserve the lovely pure regional Chardonnay.
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 7.33ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;