Sidewood Estate Stablemate Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2017
INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNING ADELAIDE HILLS CHARDY RATED 90 POINT JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.4 out of 5 stars.
- 90 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNER
- MATURED IN FRENCH OAK OLD & NEW FRENCH OAK
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED WINERIES
- WINNER OF 20 TROPHIES & 200 GOLD MEDALS
- 5 STAR HALLIDAY RATED WINERY
Aromas and flavours of peach, nashi pear and green apple. The finish is crisp and clean acidity.
90 Points James Halliday Wine Companion
"Produced from a combination of estate parcels, different clones and picking dates employed. French oak-matured, 25% new. Stone fruit and melon aromas are accentuated by a touch of oak on the bouquet, the palate showing similar qualities with grapefruit and green apple also in the flavour spectrum. It's got a nicely rounded feel with some crisp acidity to finish."
Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition 2019
Winemaker Darryl Catlin carefully selects the best parcels of fruit according to ripeness from the various blocks of Chardonnay that are made up of three French Chardonnay clones. Each clone has its own flavour spectrum that is individual, where some are picked earlier to obtain citrus characters and other clones are picked later to obtain melon and grapefruit flavours. Once picked, the bunches were sorted and gently pressed, prior to wild ferment and maturation in 100% French oak, 25% new for 10 months. Barrel selected prior to bottling.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for 3 years|
- y_2020, m_6, d_3, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.8
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_112700, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 210.81ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT