Pikes Traditionale Clare Valley Riesling 2021
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE LEGENDARY PIKES TRADITIONALE RIESLING PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 96 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- TOP 100 WINES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION 2020
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED TONY LOVE WINE PILOT
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY BY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- ONE OF THE MOST DECORATED RIESLING PRODUCERS IN AUSTRALIA
Bright expressive aromas of perfume, citrus blossom and fresh lime dominate with a talcy/mineral note evident. All the hallmarks of an excellent vintage.
Crisp acid driven wine, plenty of fresh lime and other citrus flavours. More delicate than recent years, the balance of palate weight, acid and barely-there sweetness creates a seamless and lengthy finish. Delicious.
This release marks the 37th vintage of Pikes Riesling and is one of the best of the last decade. Refined, concentrated yet delicate, and perfectly in balance. A true reflection of the cooler vintage, this wine will stand the test of time.
Good winter rain allowed soil profiles to be full, giving the vines a great start to the growing season. Remarkably cool summer followed, providing perfect conditions for healthy vines to produce fruit with high natural acidity and concentrated flavours. One of the better vintages of the last decade.
Fruit sourced from our own estate in Polish Hill River, and growers’ vineyards in Watervale, Leasingham, Mintaro and Sevenhill. Made exclusively with free run juice, our aim is to capture the flavour of the individual sites with minimal winemaking influence being evident.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to 2035|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 3.51ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;