Pauletts Polish Hill River Clare Valley Riesling 2019
LEGENDARY PAULETTS CLARE VALLEY RIESLING RATED 93 POINTS JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY
- PRODUCED BY LEGENDARY CLARE VALLEY PRODUCER
- MULTI AWARD WINNING CLARE VALLEY RIESLING
- FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED WINERY
Our Classic flinty and minerally Polish Hill River Riesling packed with notes of lemon and lime with a clean crisp finish. Bright pale green. Citrus aromas of lime, lemon & grapefruit supported by subtle floral notes. Citrus florals follow through onto the palate complimented with supporting minerality and fine natural acidity providing a long elegant finish.
93 Point Rated James Halliday
“While this has all the requisite zest appeal and lemony acidity, it's a more delicate style with soft edges cushioning the core of citrus, slate and spice flavours making it approachable now.”
A wet winter and spring produced localised flooding in the Clare Valley in late September, this provided the region with plenty of sub surface moisture. Decent rains continued into vintage and coupled with mild temperatures, contributed to excellent fruit and in turn wine quality.
Paulett Wines vintage started on Tuesday 7th March. Vintage start dates can be predicted by the date that Easter falls on. This held true for vintage 2017 which started approximately a month later than 2016. The Riesling flavour and yield has been very good, with the wet winter and cool spring creating excellent acid retention and varietal flavours.
In summary, the vintage was later than we have seen over the past few years, but quality is the best that we have seen in recent times.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2020, m_1, d_28, h_13
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.4
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_112337, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 283.03ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT