Normans Old Vine Limestone Coast Chardonnay 2021
OLD VINE OAKED LIMESTONE COAST CHARDONNAY FROM TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKER ESTABLISHED 1853
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW RELEASE NORMANS OLD VINE LIMESTONE COAST OAKED CHARDONNAY
- FRENCH OAK AGED CHARDONNAY UNDER $10 A BOTTLE
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S MOST AWARDED WINEMAKERS ESTABLISHED 1853
- LIMITED RELEASE ONLY 500 DOZEN PRODUCED FROM TROPHY WINNING WINEMAKER
Pale yellow straw with saturated golden notes which will become more dominant with time. Apple, pear and white peach all provide initial lift whilst oak provides a buttery nuance. Fruit driven initially with obvious signs of high-quality French oak which was achieved from fermentation and aging. Wonderful white peach, nashi pear, honey dew melon and a clear crisp line of acid which is kept in balance with the wonderful complexity derived from French oak which with further time will develop further creamy and nutty notes
The vineyard sources are selected old vineyards located on the Limestone Coast in South Australia which encompasses Padthaway, Mundulla, Robe and Coonawarra. Picked a little later than our other Chardonnay hand and selected blocks with the correct flavour and Baume were selected then destemmed, settled, and fermented using specific yeasts with French oak then allowed to rest on lees for an extended period and aged with additional French oak. The wine was bottled after 6 months then allowed to settle in bottle for another month prior to release.
Limestone Coast, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 3-5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.02ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;