Miles from Nowhere Margaret River Chardonnay 2020
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER CATAVINUM WINE & SPIRIT COMPETITION
- OAKED MARGARET RIVER CHARDONNAY
- SOURCED FROM THE RENOWNED MARGARET RIVER REGION
- TROPHY WINNING MARGARET RIVER PRODUCER
The nose delivers a lovely complexity of white flowers, juicy nectarine and white peach and hints of lemon. Great fruit purity. Flavours of crisp nectarine, hints of apricot and lemon curd. Careful oak integration and battonage has resulted in a creamy palate and a tight lemon acidity to finish.
Our 2020 vintage started two weeks early, this was due to the warm summer season leading up to vintage and these conditions carried on through the ripening stages. Harvest began early February during the cool nights when we brought in the majority of the prestigious Gingin clone to avoid any harsh phenolics. Each parcel of Chardonnay was de-stemmed and fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures to retain the freshness and purity of the fruit. The juice was inoculated with individual strains of yeast to add wine structure, mouth feel and complexity. Addition of fine grained French oak aids during fermentation helped create an integrated oak profile.
Magaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 9.13ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;