Koha Marlborough Pinot Gris 2018
GOLD MEDAL WINNING MARLBOROUGH PINOT GRIS RATED 91 POINTS SAM KIM'S WINE ORBIT
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 3.85 out of 5 stars.
- GOLD MEDAL CHINA WINE & SPIRIT AWARDS 2019
- 91 POINT RATED & 4.5 STARS SAM KIM BY WINE ORBIT
- PINOT GRIS WINERY OF THE YEAR NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
- SINGLE VINEYARD MARLBOROUGH PINOT GRIS
- VINEYARD NEIGHBOURS ICONIC CLOUDY BAY VINEYARDS
Classic Pinot Gris aromatics of pear, quince, and red apples supported by floral notes and a dusting of spice. The stonefruit carries through to the palate which has creamy acidity, and a long lingering finish.
91 Points & 4.5 Star Rated Sam Kim Wine Orbit
Charming and immediately appealing, the bouquet shows poached pear, white flesh stone fruit, floral and subtle spice characters. The palate is succulent and beautifully rounded, displaying lovely mid palate weight and silky texture, elegantly framed by refreshing acidity.
Highly Rated Raymond Chan
Bright, even, light straw-yellow colour with a little depth, paler edged. This has a light nose that opens in volume to show yellow stonefruits, a hint of apricot with nuances of pears and exotic florals, building to show moderate depth. Dryish to taste and medium-bodied, the palate has an elegant core of yellow stonefruits with notes of pears, apricots and honeysuckle, with lifted floral detail. The flavours are up-front and flow along a very fine textured line with balanced, integrated acidity. The flavours recede a little as the wine carries to a lingering, nuanced finish. This is an elegant, up-front, dryish Pinot Gris with stonefruit, pear and apricot flavours on a fine-texture palate and a light finish. A blend of 95% Pinot Gris and 5% Gewurztraminer, 70% from the Wairau Bar and 30% from the Redwood Hills, Awatere, cool-fermented in stainless-steel to 13.5% alc. and 5 g/L RS, the wine aged 4 months on lees.
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2019
Sommelier’s Choice Awards 2019
Marlborough, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Pinot Gris|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the short term|
- y_2021, m_8, d_3, h_19
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.18
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_13
- loc_en_AU, sid_110871, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 291.21ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT