Jim Barry Wines Lodge Hill Clare Valley Riesling 2021
CLARE VALLEY RIESLING FROM LEGENDARY JIM BARRY WINES JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY OF YEAR 2020
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINT RATED THE WINE FRONT
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 92 POINT RATED WINE COMPANION
- JAMES HALLIDAY WINERY OF THE YEAR 2020
- FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED WINERY ESTABLISHED IN 1959
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
Framed with zippy grapefruit, the nose of the wine is bursting with lime leaf, citrus rind and yellow melons. On the palate, it exhibits classic Clare flavours, including white stone fruit, lime juice, lemon verbena and old fashioned lemonade. It has a plush line throughout with plenty of length and girth.
Originally a pastoral run dating back to 1839, and originally named Wolta Wolta, Jim Barry purchased the land for The Lodge Hill Vineyard in 1977 as he was sure it would “produce some of the best Riesling in the Clare Valley.”
Situated at 480 meters above sea level and situated on the Eastern Ranges of the Clare Valley, the grapes at our Lodge Hill Vineyard are exposed to concentrated bursts of sunlight and cool nights which encourage slower ripening.
This helps deliver beautiful natural acidity and citrus characters that ripen early because of the small crop it produces. Gentle pressing and a rapid move into the fermentation allows the natural fruit flavours to be preserved.
Clare Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar short term|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 8.62ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;