Chain of Ponds Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2016
93 POINT EXPORT STOCK SAUV BLANC FROM 5 STAR RATED WINERY BY HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.29 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINTS WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- CANCELLED EXPORT STOCK
- MADE BY RENOWNED WINEMAKER GREG CLACK
- 5 STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- HALLIDAY HAS RATED PREV VINTAGE CHAIN OF PONDS SAUVIGNON BLAC 95 POINTS
Very pale green straw, green hue with brilliant clarity. Intensely aromatic freshly cut honeydew melon, grapefruit with lifted gooseberry all integrated with subtle guava with hints of citrus and cucumber. Balanced flavoursome fruit driven palate, intense melon and tropical notes is carried on the palate with a subtle grassiness. Balanced acidity with a soft voluptuous palate and fruit sweetness is integrated with a hint of spiced custard apple on the finish from the lees contact. Exceptional length and intensity.
93 Points Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from five vineyards stretching almost the entire length of the Adelaide Hills GI. A selection of harvest dates allows the balance between herbaceous, apple and cucumber notes to be carefully entwined with the citrus, melon and tropical notes. All parcels were picked early in the morning to retain the crisp refreshing flavours of the grape.
The grapes were delivered to the winery at dawn and destemmed but not crushed straight to air bag press in which the free run and pressings fractions were separated and clarified. All parcels were fermented separately with traditional Sauvignon Blanc yeasts. The wine was stored on yeast lees for 4 months to build some mouth feel and texture then blended.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- y_2020, m_7, d_13, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_3, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_112096, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 470.94ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT