Chain of Ponds The Corkscrew Road Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2017
95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY & TROPHY WINNER BEST CHARDONNAY AUSTRALIAN COOL CLIMATE WINE AWARDS
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 5 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- TROPHY WINNER BEST CHARDONNAY IN SHOW AT COOL CLIMATE WINE AWARDS
- 91 POINT RATED SILVER MEDAL ADELAIDE HILLS WINE SHOW 2018
- 90 POINT RATED MIKE BENNIE "OLD SCHOOL AUSTRALIAN CHARDONNAY DONE WELL"
- END OF VINTAGE CLEARANCE DEAL SAVE $15 A BOTTLE OR $180 A DOZEN
An elegant nose displaying lifted primary fruits of peach, rock melon, citrus and fresh apple with secondary characters of subtle spicy oak and buttered toast. On the palate the wine displays balanced linear acidity and exceptional fruit length with balanced oak and a subtle creaminess on the finish.
95 Point Rated - James Halliday Wine Companion
"Whole-bunch pressed, fermented in French oak, matured for 10 months with lees stirring for 6 months. Made with the usual skill of Greg Clack, here with the added bonus of quality grapes, the focus in the winery on the juice and thereafter the wine, with its mix of Granny Smith apple, white peach, pear and grapefruit flavours. Oak selection has done its part. This will be a long lived wine"
91 Point Rated - Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2018
90 Point Rated - Mike Bennie The Wine Front
“Chain Of Ponds producing a bit more of a fuller figured version of chardonnay here. For those seeking something a touch more ‘old school Australian chardonnay’, done well. Sweet oak, melon, stone fruit, classic chardonnay 101 start. A touch sweet to taste, succulent with spicy oak, bright flavours, good length. Decent offering in the classical sense. Varietal as can be. Nicely done.”
90 Point Rated - Bob Campbell MW
“This is a very fruit-forward style with quite a tropical, mango, papaya, melon character that is supported by nicely integrated oak. A silken-textured wine that's deliciously drinkable now.”
Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2018
Every wine tells a story. Our single vineyard series commemorates the colourful characters, iconic features and memorable moments from the original chain of ponds the historic hamlet nestled in the Adelaide Hills.
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar up to a decade|
- y_2020, m_8, d_5, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_113448, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 279.15ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT