Chain Of Ponds Pilot Block Adelaide Chardonnay 2023
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED OAKED CHARDONNAY FROM CHAIN OF PONDS WINES
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW RELEASE CHARDONNAY FROM ONE OF THE ADELAIDE HILLS FINEST
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 90 POINT RATED AWARD WINNER WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- OAKED CREAMY STYLE CHARDONNAY FROM LANGHORNE CREEK & ADELAIDE HILLS
- PARTIALLY FERMENTED & AGED IN FRENCH OAK WITH EXTENDED LEES STIRRING
Golden straw with a pale green hue. The nose shows lifted floral and citrus notes with integrated white peach and nectarine. Hints of savoury oak spice lifts the nose and gives complexity allure. On the palate there is ripe stone fruit characters, fresh nectarine with integrated fig and citrus notes. Savoury oak rounds out the palate with gentle textural tannins balancing the creamy soft finish from the lees contact. Well structured with balanced acidity, generous richness and great persistence.
Our Pilot Block range is named in recognition of the first trial vineyard planted by Chain of Ponds in 1985. The Pilot Block vineyard was planted with numerous varieties to test their suitability to cool climate conditions. The success of that trial started Chain of Ponds on its winemaking journey.
Grapes were sourced from premium vineyards and were harvested early to retain crisp acidity with green apple and citrus characters. The wine is lightly oaked, allowing the fresh fruit flavours to flourish. We hope you enjoy this finely balanced, rich and elegant Chardonnay.
Langhorne Creek & Adelaide Hills, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Enjoy now or cellar for 5 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 251.56ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;