Baby Doll Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2022
NEW VINTAGE RELEASE SAUV BLANC FROM MARLBOROUGH PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE MARLBOROUGH SAUV BLANC FROM BABY DOLL
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE TROPHY WINNER AT DECANTER WORLD WINE
- COOL CLIMATE SAUV BLANC SOURCED FROM THE MARLBOROUGH REGION IN NEW ZEALAND
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE MULTIPLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER
The nose is lifted with fresh notes of passion fruit and blackcurrant leaf with sweet fruit characters on the palate and fresh acidity combining to create an expressive and attractive Sauvignon Blanc. Beautiful with fresh seafood.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and a gluten free diet.
The 2022 growing season in Marlborough was a hot and dry one. We received small amounts of rain around the end of December, but then no further rain until late February. These rain events had very little impact on soil moisture levels, but helped to replenish our rivers, setting us up nicely to see us through to harvest. Vintage started in mid-March and it provided us with incredibly stable weather. This meant we could pick blocks at their optimum ripeness. The Sauvignon Blanc produced from this vintage has concentrated fruit flavours, with a vibrant pure palate and an elegant fresh finish.
Individual parcels of Sauvignon Blanc were selected for this wine from our Awatere and Wairau Valley vineyards. The parcels were harvested and fermented separately, using selected yeast strains for Sauvignon Blanc to enhance varietal character. A long, cool fermentation took place over four weeks, with the parcels then being blended and stabilised, prior to bottling.
Marlborough, New Zealand
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 1-3 years|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 250.97ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;