Pipers Tasmania Sauvignon Blanc 2019
COOL CLIMATE TASMANIAN SAUVIGNON BLANC FROM 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- LIMITED EDITION TASMANIAN SAUVIGNON BLANC
- COOL CLIMATE PREMIUM NORTHERN TASSIE SAUVIGNON BLANC
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY WINE COMPANION
- PRODUCED BY PIPERS BROOK ESTATE
Fresh ripe citrus, honeysuckle and melon with notes of blackcurrant leaf. Enticing citrus flavours with crisp and delicate acidity.
Produced from grapes grown at Strathlynn on the west bank of the Tamar River, 70km from Pipers Brook. In contrast to our sites in the northeast, which are close to Bass Strait and subject to strong maritime influences, the Tamar Valley’s hillside slopes offer vines some protection from prevailing westerly winds. This promotes warm, settled conditions for much of the growing season. The West Tamar has surprisingly low rainfall. Sites in the Tamar Valley are a mixture of brown Chromosol and Vertosol (black cracking clay) soils. Both soil types have excellent water holding capacity, offering a steady supply of moisture and nourishment to the vines throughout the growing season. Vines are grown predominantly on cane-pruned, Vertical Shoot Positioned (VSP) trellises, which help to expose bunches to the sun. Vines averaging 20 years of age give an abundance of concentrated fruit character. Selective leafplucking helps achieve full ripeness with well-balanced, fleshy flavours.
|Grape Variety:||Sauvignon Blanc|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 238.81ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;