Get Wines Direct Terms and Conditions
GET WINES DIRECT TERMS & CONDITIONS
You must be 18 years or over to purchase from Get Wines Direct. If you do not confirm that you are 18 years or over, your order will not be processed.
When placing an order with Get Wines Direct, you confirm that all your personal details that you have provided are true and correct.
Any order amendments must occur prior to dispatch. Additional fees may apply if an order requires amendment after dispatch.
We accept the following forms of payment:
Delivery & Authority to Leave
Orders will be delivered within 7 to 10 business days.
During checkout, you may provide an authority to leave your order if your delivery address is unattended. Please note: Requests outside the approved options will not be followed for security reasons. Wine cannot be left outside the boundary line of a property.
Any delivery instructions which you provide during checkout are a guide for the Contracted Courier Company to follow, however it is not a guarantee that these instructions will be followed. It is at the driver’s discretion as to whether they deem your delivery instructions safe to comply with.
All deliveries that are returned to sender due to incorrect addresses provided by the purchaser will be charged a $11.99 per case re-dispatchment fee.
Due to recent changes in Victoria all Liquor and Alcohol orders must be delivered direct to the person placing the order. All orders as of the 15th March 2022 will need to be signed for and proof of age is required for all first time wine deliveries. No other delivery requests will be accepted.
Delivery if you’re not present
If you are not in attendance when delivery is attempted and you have not provided an authority to leave, a card will be left at your property to advise you of the collection point. Any consignments that are not collected within 5 business days are at risk of being returned to sender.
Get Wines Direct and the contracted courier company will not be held responsible for any missing goods when authority has been provided for your goods to be delivered without a signature.
Person in attendance at the delivery address
If the person in attendance at the delivery address is considered by the delivery driver to be under 25 years of age, proof of age will be requested. If suitable proof of age cannot be produced, the person will be advised that the parcel will be returned to a collection point and can be collected on the production of proof of age identification. A delivery notification card will be provided.
If a person at the address is unable to produce proof of age identification, but the order was submitted with delivery instructions including an authority to leave, the authority to leave will not be followed and the parcel will be delivered to the collection point. A delivery notification card will be provided.
Our Buy One Get One Free deals allow customers to buy one case (12 bottles) of advertised wine and choose a free case (12 bottles) of wine at the customer’s discretion. The delivery fee of $11.99 is payable for both (2) cases of wine to be delivered to the customer unless otherwise stated.
Returns and Refunds
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Get Wines Direct order, therefore we provide you with a 100% money back guarantee.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, you can return it to us, with an explanation as to why you returned the wine. We will refund the amount of your order (pro rata if only some items in your order are returned), minus the original delivery fee.
To qualify for the 100% satisfaction guarantee:
- You must advise us that you wish to return the products within 365 days of receiving your order. We will provide you with information about how to return your products. We will pay the return delivery cost. Should Australia Post be unsuccessful in contacting you after two attempts the collection request will be cancelled by Australia Post. Should you wish to re-lodge another collection attempt, a $6.83 re-lodgement fee will be incurred.
- For orders consisting of 12 bottles, up to two bottles in any twelve (12) bottle purchase may be sampled. Get Wines Direct will refund you for the entire value of the product provided the remaining 10 bottles are returned in the same condition that they were dispatched, minus the delivery fee.
- For orders of less than 12 bottles, up to 25% of the number of bottles may be sampled. Get Wines Direct will refund you for the entire value of the purchase provided the remaining 75% of bottles are returned in the same condition they were dispatched.
- Bonus items must be returned with the original carton purchased. If you wish to retain the bonus item, the difference in cost of the bonus item will be deducted from the original purchase amount.
- Some locations are unserviceable by the Australia Post collection service. If you do fall into one of these areas, you will be required to return your items to your local Post Office. Return Labels will be provided to ensure you are not charged for the return. To confirm if you are in one of our non-collection areas please contact us on 1300 559 463.
Refunds will appear in 2-3 business days (upon receipt of the returned product) to the same account from which the original payment was debited. Should your original transaction stem from PayPal, please note that the original transaction fee will not be returned and the refund processed will be less the original transaction fee charged. This policy is effective 29 January 2021.
This satisfaction guarantee is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
'Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.'
Secret Cellar deals cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other promotion, discount and/or promotional codes.
Fine & Rare
Standard Terms & Conditions do not apply to all products purchased from the Fine & Rare wine category. While Get Wines Direct will endeavour to ensure prompt delivery without compromising the condition of the wine, Get Wines Direct Delivery Guarantee does not cover heat damage. To avoid this, Get Wines Direct recommends that you opt to have your delivery left at the Local Post Office awaiting collection. In addition, Get Wines Direct shall not be liable under the Delivery Guarantee for any loss arising from the Buyer failing to provide Get Wines Direct with a correct address and delivery details, or for Get Wines Direct otherwise delivering in accordance with the Buyer's instructions (such as leaving the wine outside an unattended premises). Get Wines Direct Money Back guarantee is exempt from any Fine & Rare wine purchase. The refund will only be payable upon Get Wines Direct receiving satisfactory proof of the loss or damage. If requested, the Buyer must promptly return damaged Goods to Get Wines Direct and provide such other information as Get Wines Direct may reasonably request to assess the loss or damage. Standard Terms & Conditions do not apply.
From Friday, 1st April 2022; Our delivery fee will be $11.99 per carton for delivery, Australia Wide. Get Wines Direct does not deliver to areas that are classified by the Australian Government as dry zones or general restricted areas.
Get Wines Direct supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. You must be over 18 to place an order online or to receive a delivery.
You can request that your delivery is left on your doorstep if no-one is home. Our delivery drivers reserve the right to leave a card (instead of your order) even if you request an unattended delivery. They may do so if:
- There is no clear delivery instruction authorising them to leave the parcel in a safe place
- Somebody is home but they cannot provide proof of age
- The driver is concerned that minors are present in the vicinity of your premises
The getwinesdirect.com website is provided as is without warranties of any kind. Our obligations with respect to the products and services advertised on this website are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided and nothing on this website should be construed to alter such agreements.
We do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials, information or services at this website.
The content of the pages of the service is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change. We may change any part of this website at any time without notice. This website’s contents may be out of date, and we make no commitment to keep the website updated.
Any information or material placed on the service by users, including ratings, reviews, advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not necessarily represent the view of Get Wines Direct.
Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or our liabilities under those provisions:
- You acknowledge that our website, getwinesdirect.com, is provided as is and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to the suitability of the website, anything (including content and websites) to or from which the websites are linked or any product for any purpose;
- We exclude all other implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the website, the subject matter of our agreement with you and all content to or from which the Sites are linked;
- We will not be liable to you for indirect and consequential loss arising from or connected to our agreement with you in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including, without limitation, for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings, loss or corruption of data and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) unless such loss arises as a result of our own negligence or wilful misconduct;
- Risk of loss of or damage to products appropriated to your order passes on delivery of them including where delivery is to unattended locations (such as locations which are not attended by any person or which are attended by a person who is not acting on your behalf); and
- Where we refund you the amount of your order as provided in your agreement with us (less any amount you have agreed we may deduct) you agree such refund is the total amount of our liability to you for all circumstances relating to the refund.
Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of our agreement with you or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
Get Wines Direct will use your information for direct marking (advertising, special offers, promotions etc) only if you have consented to receive this material.
Get Wines Direct will only send you marketing communications in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 7 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You can always unsubscribe from our marketing communications, the unsubscribe button is located at the bottom of every marketing communication. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
The promotions offered in our email communications have validity dates included into the footer of every communication. These dates outline when the advertised promotions will be valid for. Get Wines Direct has the right to refuse a sale of a promotion after the validity dates expire.
Offers are not to be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or loyalty program discounts.
GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
How To Purchase Get Wines Direct Gift Card(s) can be ordered online by heading to www.getwinesdirect.com/gift-card or by calling our Customer Service team on 1300 559 463 between 9AM - 5PM Australian EST Monday - Friday. They will arrive via email within one business day.
We are not responsible for Get Wines Direct Gift Cards that are undeliverable or not received due to the purchaser's failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the email address of the recipient is correct and contact us if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her Get Wines Direct Gift Card. Should an email be returned to us due to inaccurate delivery information, we will contact the purchaser for a corrected email address.
Get Wines Direct Gift Cards can only be redeemed online at www.getwinesdirect.com
Reasons For Failed Delivery In the event that the recipient email address has been checked and confirmed, yet the Get Wines Direct Gift Card has still not been received, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery might have failed:
- Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
- Recipient's firewall blocked the email
- Email inbox is over size limit
- Invalid email address
- Get Wines Direct gift cards may not be returned or cancelled after purchase.
- If you return product originally purchased with a gift card, any refund will be returned to the original gift card.
- If you return product originally purchased with multiple gift cards, the total dollar value will be returned to the most recent purchased gift card.
- If you return product purchased with a gift card, the gift card will be credited the amount of the returned product.
- If you return product originally purchased with multiple methods of payment, any balance owed will first be applied to the credit/debit card or PayPal account, up to the original amount charged, and then to the gift card.
Lost Or stolen Gift Cards Gift cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Treat them like cash.
Fraud We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or hold for review gift cards and orders for suspected fraud, or for other violations of gift card policies.
Get Wines Direct Gift Cards are Valid for 3 years from the date of purchase. Get Wines Direct Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase Get Wines Direct Gift Cards. Get Wines Direct Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash.
Refund Credits If you have recieved a credit to your account to utilise on your next purchase, it will be available to apply to your account at checkout. There is no minimum spend to claim your credit. Credits are only available on your account for 365 days from the date of refund and there will be no extentions available.
New Sign-Up Promotion
Requirements: $100.00 minimum spend (excluding shipping costs), can’t be used in conjunction with any other promotions or loyalty programs / discounts. Excludes Fine & Rare products / promotions. Failure to use code at checkout will attract standard product prices. Promotional Period: 01/01/2022 – 31/03/2022. Only one use per customers and can only be used on first-time purchases.
Give & Get Referral Promotion
Referring 1 Friend - The referrer and referred person will both receive a $25 Promotional Code via email once the referred person has completed the sign up process.
Referring 4 Friends - The referrer will receive a $40 Promotional Code via email once all 4 referred persons have completed the sign up process.
The provided Promotional Codes cannot be used together on one single order. The codes must be used on separate orders as they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or loyalty programs/discounts.
A flat fee of $11.99 per carton for delivery Australia-wide. The Promotional Code provided must be used at checkout to claim. The code will only be valid for 7 days from the day you receive it, no extensions will be honoured. Failure to use code at checkout will attract standard product prices, if the code is not applied at checkout the discount will not be honoured or refunded after processing.
Promotional Period: 01/01/2022 – 31/03/2022
Requirements: $100.00 minimum spend (excluding all shipping costs) per order per code. All participants must be of 18+ age. Only one use per code per customer. Entry to our referral program will subscribe/resubscribe you to any marketing communications from Get Wines Direct. Get Wines Direct reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Get Wines Direct's discretion.
WIN the Ultimate Getaway – Terms & Conditions
To view terms and conditions: CLICK HERE
SERAFINO GETAWAY COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
2. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, related entities and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter’s distributors are also ineligible to enter.
The promotion commences at 10:00AM AEST on 21/02/2022 and ends at 11:59PM AEST on 27/02/2022.
To enter, simply place an order of 12 (twelve) bottles of any of the following products: Serafino Goose Island McLaren Vale Shiraz 2020, Serafino Goose Island McLaren Vale Sauvignon Blanc 2021, Serafino Goose Island McLaren Vale Moscato 2020, Serafino Goose Island McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 or Serafino Goose Island McLaren Vale Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir Nv with Get Wines Direct on 21/02/2022 to 11:59PM AEST on 27/02/2022. Only one entry per dozen wines. Any returns or cancelled orders will be removed from the draw.
1 (one) customer will be drawn on Monday the 28th of February 2022 to win 1 (one) nights accommodation at Serafino McLaren Vale plus a premium Serafino Wine Tasting Experience at the Serafino Cellar Door for 2 (two) people and 12 (twelve) mixed bottles of Serafino Wines totalling RRP $1,000 (One Thousand Dollars Only). The winner will be contacted by a staff member and be announced on social media.
The winner will be required to provide their own flights and or transport to and from the Serafino Winery. The prize must be claimed and used by 18/12/2022 otherwise it will become invalid.
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and proof of purchase) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
Win $100 Credit Every Hour Promotion
Log onto our Instagram page at @getwinesdirect and follow the prompts to enter.
The promotion is open Australia wide. All participants must be of 18+ age. Instagram only competition. The 12 winners will be contacted within 32 hours via Instagram Direct Message. The credit is valid for three months only and will not be honoured after expiry. Get Wines Direct reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Unclaimed prizes will not be honoured or redrawn.
No individual prize will be greater than $100 and the total prize pool across the Competition Period will not exceed $1200.
Promotional Period: 23/03/22, 10am - 27/03/22, 7pm
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.