Platinum Vintage High Vine Shiraz 2017
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- BUY A CASE GET A CASE FREE
- EQUATES TO $6.99 A BOTTLE
- PLATINUM VINTAGE HIGH VINE RELEASE
- PRODUCED BY HIGHLY REGARDED WINEMAKER FRANK ZIRILLI
This is a block buster Shiraz and exemplifies excellent wine making skills.
The wine is bright dark crimson in colour with lovely rich fruit and yummy fruit aromas. Excellent value, showing rich plum and spicy complexity typical of Platinum wines. Lovely pepper notes on finish. Dark - red with purple hues, Plums, blackberry and classic cool climate pepper characters. Fine tannins are supported by bright berry fruit and delicate spice character.
Aromatics are cassis, dark violets and cherry with the first pour into the glass leaving lovely long seductive legs as a hint of how good this wine really is. The mouthfeel and lush dark fruits combine to make you recline in the chair and savour the first small explosion of flavours and yummy tannins. It the seems to build with smart use of oak to provide a marriage of all things great that successful winemaking does with consummate ease.
|Source/Region:||South Eastern Australia|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or in the short term|
- y_2020, m_7, d_7, h_15
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.10
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_1, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_110796, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 309.48ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT