Xanadu Exmoor Margaret River Shiraz 2018
PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED TOP VALUE THE REAL REVIEW MARGARET RIVER SHIRAZ FROM 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY JAMES HALLIDAY
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE 91 POINT RATED HUON HOOKE THE REAL REVIEW
- PREV VINTAGE TROPHY MOST SUCCESSFUL EXHIBITOR MARGARET RIVER WINE SHOW 2020
- 5 RED STAR RATED WINERY NAMED WINERY OF YEAR JAMES HALLIDAY
- PRODUCED BY WINNER OF JIMMY WATSON TROPHY
Deep red with purple hues. Dark boysenberry and floral notes with hints of redskin / licorice strap and subtle toasty oak influences. A full-bodied wine offering ample depth with plenty of inky ripe forest fruits; blackberries, redcurrants and spice. The jubey fruit and approachable tannins combine to produce a generous wine with a subtle structure and a lovely persistence of flavour.
Fermented with whole berries, aged for 14 months in French barriques (20% new) and some larger oak. Very much in the vein of previous vintages, this release provides a liberal helping of ripe red and black fruit seasoned with a good measure of cedary oak spice. It's soft enough to fit the drink now bill, but with a bit of extra personality.
Margaret River, Western Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar mid term|
- y_2023, m_12, d_8, h_7
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.37
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_115468, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 126.96.36.199
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 277.77ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT