Viking Grand Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
94 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING ULTRA PREMIUM MARANANGA BAROSSA VALLEY SHIRAZ
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- 94 POINT RATED AUSTRALIAN WINE SHOWCASE
- GOLD MEDAL WINNING SINGLE VINEYARD MARANANGA SHIRAZ
- EX PENFOLDS GRANGE GROWERS SHIRAZ
- MULTIPLE PREVIOUS VINTAGES GOLD MEDAL & 95 POINT RATED WINE SHOWCASE
- RATED IN TOP 5% OF WINES IN WORLD BY VIVINO
Crimson red with purple core. Wonderful array of dark black fruits with licorice, dark chocolate and mocha all evident. Black fruits with dark chocolate, mocha and dense oak flavour. The fruit and oak melt away into a fine core of tannin and the medium bodied palate carries the alcohol with ease.
94 Point Rated
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Bright, briary bouquet. Palate showing lots of dark fruit and oak influence. Nice supple tannins and long lasting flavours."
The Shiraz grapes were individually picked out in the vineyard for their exceptional quality and picked separately to the rest of the vineyard. The grapes are then picked and delivered to the winery and gently worked through the de-stemmer before being transferred to an open fermenter. The juice is pumped over twice a day for seven days to extract, homogenize and regulate temperature before draining and being basket pressed. The skins are then gently pressed for approximately 20 hours. After the wine has completed its malolactic ferment, it is matured in a small portion of new and the balance in seasoned French and American oak barrels prior to bottling.
A wine which will benefit from 3-4 years further in bottle and we suggest decanting if drinking whilst it is still youthful. A great life span ahead and should drink well over the next 8-10 years.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for many years|
- y_2020, m_2, d_19, h_13
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.5
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_4
- loc_en_AU, sid_111791, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 18.104.22.168
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 209.64ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT