The Colonial Estate Richard Lander Old Vine Barossa Valley Shiraz 2021
95 POINT & GOLD MEDAL WINNING COLONIAL ESTATE 100 YEAR OLD VINE SHIRAZ SOURCED FROM MOPPA SUB REGION
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.42 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED & GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- 100 YEAR OLD VINE SHIRAZ FROM MOPPA REGION IN THE BAROSSA
- JAMES HALLIDAY PREVIOUS VINTAGE 94 POINTS & CALLED IT "A MASSIVELY BUILT FULL-BODIED WINE"
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE RATED 92 POINTS WINE SPECTATOR & 91 POINTS THE WINE FRONT
A dense nose with red and black forest fruits, spicy plum, black cherry, dried fruits and pepper. A rich full bodied Barossa Shiraz. The wine has an array of characters with upfront plum, dark chocolate, dried figs, leather saddle and white pepper. Sweet Shiraz fruit surrounds a firm tannin backbone whilst a touch of earth and acid provides length and ensures the finish is long and voluptuous.
95 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Stately nose with dark olive depth. Niche level of oak wood on the palate, perfectly balanced savoury fruit and solid mocha flavours."
Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
Sourced from two vineyards in the Northern Barossa Valley sub region – the Moppa and near the Kalimna Vineyard, which is the mother vineyard of “Grange”. The vines themselves are aged between 49 and 100 years old and they are cropped, using green harvesting, at less than 3.0 tonne to the acre. Grapes were picked at dawn, it receives fermentation, which is conducted in small open top fermenters, followed by malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak barrels.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Ready to drink now although will age for 10 years|
- y_2023, m_6, d_8, h_22
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.35
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_26
- loc_en_AU, sid_115749, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 188.8.131.52
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 221.34ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Link Your Account
Do you already have a Get Wines Direct account?
If yes, please enter your login information below.