The Colonial Estate Exile Barossa Valley Shiraz 2017
ON ALLOCATION NEW VINTAGE OF OUR GREATEST SHIRAZ EVER ONLY 300 DOZEN AVAILABLE
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 0 out of 5 stars.
- NEW VINTAGE RELEASE ON ALLOCATION ONLY 300 DOZEN AVAILABLE
- OUR MOST AWARDED SHIRAZ EVER 2 TROPHIES, 30 GOLD & 42 TIME AWARD WINNING BRAND
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE NAMED WORLDS BEST BAROSSA SHIRAZ AWC VIENNA
- EXILE SHIRAZ HAS BEEN AWARDED TOP 3 SHIRAZ IN WINESTATE WORLD'S GREATEST SHIRAZ CHALLENGE
- SOURCED FROM VINES AGED UP TO 110 YEARS
Once poured, the rich and vibrant deep purple Shiraz opens to an alluring bouquet of black forest fruits, chocolate and vanilla. Scorched earth rounds out this full bodied and highly concentrated fruit driven wine with plush texture to finish. Plum and blackberry are woven together to create a fleshy, opulent experience with a chocolate swirl shining on the mid palate. A loving spiced note alongside subtle hints of oak gracefully enhance the power of this fruit driven Shiraz. The tannins; which are velvety and smooth, open to create a long, dark, seductive finish which are all interwoven to perfection between a backbone of oak and tannin.
The bulk of the vines are dry grown old vines, which are pruned severely and receive two runs of green harvesting finally producing one tonne to two tonnes per acre. Exile grapes are then hand picked and the grapes sorted. The 2017 vintage was characterized by steady ripening of fruit and we were able to select individual blocks in the vineyard to get the very best fruit flavours with some tight ripe tannins. The wine is fermented in vats after extreme cold maceration. The wines have their malolactic in new French oak and are thereafter in the same oak for 24 months prior to bottling with minimal filtration and then further aging in bottle.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar for the next decade|
|Bottle Top:||Foil over cork|
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 22.214.171.124
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 9.4ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned;