The Colonial Estate Etranger Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
93 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNING BAROSSA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 2.5 out of 5 stars.
- 93 POINT RATED & A GOLD MEDAL WINNER
- INTERNATIONAL AWARD WINNER
- COLONIAL ESTATE'S FASTEST SELLING WINE
- SOURCED FROM GREENOCK REGION IN THE BAROSSA
- PREVIOUS VINTAGE WAS RATED 94 POINTS ROBERT PARKER
Deep crimson purple in colour, Lovely dark rich black fruit on the nose open up to show varietal notes of cassis and blackcurrant as stand out features.Powerful fruit purity and varietal notes cassis and blackberry and blackcurrant dominate while seamless oak and fine tannins provide line and length to this smooth voluptuous wine.
93 Point Rated - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine
"Nose like cassis fruit and leathery-like aromas. lovely rish, palate with good oak balance."
China Wine & Spirit Awards 2020
Grapes were specifically sourced from the area around our favourite sub region of the Barossa – Greenock. Its hard country with the shallow grey sandy soil over red clay producing small bunches of intense, non-herbaceous Cabernet Sauvignon. Cropping levels were low and much of the older vineyards were hand picked and selected by vigneron and winemaker especially for the high fruit intensity of the individual grapes. 2018 was another stand out vintage from a quality point of view low yields meant incredible intensity of flavour and colour, we expect 2018 will go down of one of the best in recent times. We use extreme cold maceration to extract as much natural fruit flavour as possible and use open top fermenters and hand plunge keeping our old-world winemaking philosophy front of mind during the entire process to ensure only the finest wine is aged in barrel for 12 months prior to final blending and minimal filtration.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Drink now or cellar 5-7 years|
- y_2020, m_10, d_29, h_16
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.12
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
- loc_en_AU, sid_112740, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 184.108.40.206
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 253.78ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT