The Colonial Estate Etranger Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
95 POINT RATED GOLD MEDAL WINNER CALLED "AUSTRALIAN VERSION OF FRENCH PAUILLAC"
- ★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.
- 95 POINT RATED AUSTRALIAN WINE SHOWCASE MAGAZINE
- “AUSTRALIAN VERSION OF “FRENCH PAUILLAC” ROBERT PARKER
- GOLD MEDAL WINNER WINE SHOWCASE
Deep black to purple colour with crimson notes. Blackcurrants and mulberry with minty liquorice which ensure this wine has a classic Cabernet nose finishing with a delightful touch of new oak. Fruit purity and varietal notes of mulberry, plum and blackcurrant, superb ripeness and stunning rich licorice, cedar and spice characters. Firm, fruity tannins provide the backbone, which is well fleshed out and long.
95 Point Rated
Wine Showcase Magazine
Australian Wine Showcase
Grapes were specifically sourced from the area around our favourite sub region of the Barossa – Greenock. Its hard country with the shallow grey sandy soil over red clay producing small bunches of intense, non-herbaceous Cabernet Sauvignon. Cropping levels were low and much of the older vineyards were hand picked and selected by vigneron and winemaker especially for the high fruit intensity of the individual grapes. We use extreme cold maceration to extract as much natural fruit flavour as possible and use open top fermenters and hand plunge keeping our old world winemaking philosophy front of mind during the entire process to ensure only the finest wine is aged in barrel for 12 months prior to final blending and minimal filtration.
Barossa Valley, South Australia
|Grape Variety:||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Cellaring:||Should evolve beautifully in bottle over 7 years|
- y_2019, m_9, d_19, h_5
- bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.13
- cp_1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
- loc_en_AU, sid_111605, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 220.127.116.11
- CLOUD, method:getContent, 299.04ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT